Puppies, Great Danes, and Chihuahuas all have distinct demands when it comes to dog beds. You’ll need basic details like your dog’s age and weight to locate the perfect bed. You’ll also need to know their sleeping habits if they get overheated easily, if they chew objects or pee nervously, and if they track mud into the home.
Top 10 Bestseller Dog Bed
Just as when choosing a mattress for yourself, consider your dog’s comfort. Especially considering how much time they sleep. “That may be up to 80% of the day,” says Dr. Lisa Lippman, founder of Vets in the City.
Dr. Rachel Barrack, the pioneer of Animal Acupuncture, advises starting your search with your dog’s size. “Nasty to tail,” she says. To be cautious, add a couple of inches. Barrack also recommended getting a little larger bed so your dog has more area to sprawl out.
With so many kinds and brands of dog beds to pick from, you may need a little assistance narrowing down your choices. “There are too many dog beds out there that are just plain old junk,” says Petropolist creator Tazz Latifi.
As a result, we polled Lippman, Barrack, Latifi, and 15 other dog professionals — from trainers to doctors to Strategist dog owners — to find out their favorite dog beds. Their picks below include something for every dog (and breed), from tiny pups to giant hounds to burrowing dogs (or chew).
The Best Dog Bed Reviews
Casper Dog Bed
- Pressure-relieving memory foam and durable support foam to create a bed that loves Fido back
- Excess material on top for dogs that like to dig and scratch to make the perfect sleeping spot
- Supportive foam bolsters on the mattress create a safe space for dogs to lay their heads. Sewn-in pockets hide the metal zippers, so they won’t scratch your floors
- Microfiber blended material designed to be durable and rip-resistant
- Removable and machine washable cover that's impenetrable to fur slobber-resistant.Measurement & Dimension:Small(for dogs up to 30 lbs)Full Bed: 26" x 19" x 6"Inner Sleep Area: 19" x 12" x 3".Medium(for dogs up to 60lbs)Full Bed: 33" x 25" x 6"Inner Sleep Area: 25" x 17" x 2".Large(for dogs up to 90lbs)Full Bed: 45" x 35" x 7"Inner Sleep Area: 35" x 25" x 2.75"
Not satisfied with creating one of the greatest memory foam mattresses for humans, the US-based Casper design team has put their efforts into making the ultimate resting experience possible for your dog. As a consequence, the Casper Dog Bed was born, and it is nothing short of fantastic.
The list of specifications is like something you’d see at a human bed store. The Visco Elastic Memory Foam and Polyurethane Support Foam used in Casper’s dog mattress provide both comfort and durability for your four-legged buddy. Memory foam is no longer just for humans. This bed’s “supporting foam bolsters give a comfortable spot for dogs to lay their heads – physically as well as metaphorically.”
We don’t have to tell you that your new Casper dog bed (available in blue, grey, or sand) will not stay clean for long, so the detachable cover for cleaning is a pleasant feature. Just like the dog mattress, the cover is built to last. If your dog weighs between 30 and 90 pounds, you can pick from one of three available sizes: 30 pounds, 60 pounds, or 90 pounds. It may appear in a Casper mattress sale from time to time, so keep a watch out.
- Memory foam build
- Removable cover
- Choice of colors and sizes
- No trial available
Best Friends by Sheri The Original Calming Donut Cat and Dog Bed
- CALMING DOG BED SUPPORTS BETTER SLEEP: Thanks to its round shape, our high-quality Donut Cuddler cat and dog bed is ideal for pets who love to curl up. The raised rim creates a sense of security and provides head and neck support, while the super soft filling offers joint and muscle pain relief.
- SUPERIOR COMFORT: Cozy, flexible, and finished with vegan faux shag fur, our warming luxury dog bed is reminiscent of a mother’s fur coat. Paired with deep crevices that allow your pet to burrow, animals will have full, restful sleep for improved behavior and better health. The uniquely designed Airloft fibers keep their loft for up to 3Xs longer than standard pet beds.
- VERSATILE DESIGN and MAINTENANCE: Available in beautifully natural colors, our cat and dog donut cuddler beds are a seamless addition to any room’s décor! Finished with water and dirt-resistant bottoms, accidental messes will be prevented from reaching your floors. Removable shells available on size M-XL beds are machine washable. The entirety of the small-sized bed is machine washable. (Do not leave bed to air dry, as this will lead to tangling and matting of the faux fur).
- PET-SAFE MATERIALS: Tested through Consumer Product Safety Commission certified labs to ensure safety for you and your pets. Free from: flame retardants, formaldehyde, skin irritating chemicals, harsh dyes.
The name “Donut Cuddler” may sound odd for a dog bed, but once you see the luxurious shag fur sleeper from Best Friends by Sheri, it all makes sense. This is one of the most sumptuous dog beds we’ve reviewed, and your dog (and perhaps even you) will want to snuggle up and fall asleep in it.
It’s not only about the way you appear, but the way you feel as well. According to the maker, your pet will sleep more comfortably because of the raised rim and circular form, which provide enough support for the head and neck. AirLoft Fibers are also included, which should help with joint and muscular problems.
In case you were wondering, the fur is not real. It is, in reality, a vegan product. Even if something happens in your bed at night, your carpet’s lower portion will remain dry and clean because of its water and dirt resistance. This is another dog bedding that can be washed and dried on a mild cycle in the washing machine.
It’s got the style, the comfort, and the guarantee – the only thing missing is a warranty. On the manufacturer’s website, there is no mention of this. This dog bed doesn’t come with a free trial period, however.
- Luxurious appearance
- Claims to be water and dirt-resistant
- Combines looks and comfort
- No trial or warranty given
Purple The Pet Bed (Medium)
- 99.99% Waterproof encasement beneath the fabric cover protects bed against accidents and fluids
- 4 inch thick bed features 2 inches of comfort memory foam and 2 inches of high-density support foam
- Soft, supportive consistency conforms to the body and weight of your pet
- Super soft, zippered velour cover resists dirt and hair and is easily removeable and machine washable
Purple has produced a pet bed that is suitable for a wide range of animals, including dogs and cats. The mattress is designed to relieve pressure and conform to the curve of your pet’s body. At first sight, it’s a mattress topper, but there’s more.
Purple’s hyper-elastic polymer grid technology is sandwiched between layers of medium-high density foams. The grid is hypoallergenic, non-toxic, and vegan. This dog bed comes in three sizes to suit different breeds, including a ‘sleepover visitor’.
The anti-microbial outer cover kills bacteria that many dogs harbor, leaving the bed and your house smelling fresh. The cover is also ultra-durable, able to withstand any roughhousing a dog may offer. In case of spills, the cover may be easily removed and machine cleaned.
Purple is so confident this is one of the greatest dog beds you can purchase that it gives a 100-night money-back guarantee. The T&Cs state that the mattress must be clean and undamaged to qualify for a refund. For more information on Purple’s MSRP (starting at $149), see our Purple mattress sales round-up or the newest pricing.
- Free 100-day trial
- High-tech mattress
- No color choice
Furhaven Orthopedic CertiPUR-US Certified Foam Pet Beds for Small
- COMFORT AS PRIORITY: The sofa-style design creates a cozy and inviting space that promotes comfort and security; designed with supportive bolsters for dogs to rest their heads on for optimum lounging comfort
- SLEEP SURFACE: Featuring a cuddly soft plush faux fur main sleep surface and bolsters wrapped in durable woven upholstery fabric; both are gentle on noses and paws for enhanced snuggling and burrowing comfort
- EASY ON JOINTS: The egg crate orthopedic foam base helps cushion pressure points and improve air circulation, while fluff-filled bolsters support the neck, back, hips, and joints; helps ease discomfort and promote restful sleep
- PRODUCT DETAILS: Orthopedic Dog Bed, Diamond Gray; Jumbo - 40" x 32" x 8.5" (4" Base Foam Height; Sleep Surface: Approx. 34" x 29")
- RECOMMENDATIONS: For dog beds shipped under compression, allow up to 48 hours for the foam mattress to expand and regain its original shape; for bolsters, gently squeeze and loosen any clumped fill material to promote better recovery after compression.IMPORTANT: Not suitable for pets with excessive teething or destructive chewing behavior.
This FurHaven pet bed has several features. It also acts as a cozy dog or cat bed. The ‘couch’ design provides full neck, hip, and back support for your dog while sleeping.
The first thing to think about is the mattress. From the lowest fiber fill through the priciest orthopedic and memory foam to the most expensive cooling gel foam. This decreases the surface temperature of the mattress by 1-2 degrees, allowing your dog to slumber in cool comfort. The ultimate luxury is a fake fur blanket.
The bolsters on this dog bed are recycled. CERTI-PUR foam is also free of hazardous chemicals and heavy metals, making it a healthy environment for your pet. To save on shipping costs, the manufacturer compresses the item before shipping it to you – but don’t worry, the foam is engineered to rebound quickly from compression.
You’ll need to be into jazzy designs to buy this dog bed for your Bruno — it’s available in three hues, but each displays a very strong diamond pattern. Nevertheless, if you’re searching for a mid-range alternative, we think this is one of the greatest dog beds you can buy.
- Lots of choices
- Greener choice
- Short warranty period
- The patterned finish won’t suit all homes
Big Barker 7″ Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed
- CALIBRATED FOR BIG DOGS: Available in Large, XL, Giant XXL dog bed sizes. Too powerful for small dogs.
- CLINICALLY PROVEN: University of Pennsylvania study data showed less pain, more mobility after using a Big Barker for just 28 days.
- 10 YEAR WARRANTY: American made therapeutic foam is the best quality you'll find in orthopedic dog beds. Won't flatten or pancake over time.
- MADE IN THE USA: Handmade by experienced craftsmen and craftswomen in our small Pennsylvania workshop.
- EASY TO CLEAN: machine washable. 100% Micro-suede cover. Soft to the touch, looks great in your home.
Big Barker began as a way for the company’s founder’s 92lb half Lab, half Basenji with a bad hip to sleep. What began as a hobby developed into an obsession, and finally a thriving business selling orthopedic dog bedding for giant hounds.
An orthopedic dog mattress design is one thing, but having scientific papers to back it up is quite another. A University of Pennsylvania researcher found that the Big Barker Orthopedic Dog Bed reduces joint pain and stiffness, improves joint function, and improves nighttime sleep.
Its triple-layer OrthoMedic Foam wraps around your dog’s bones and joints, preventing discomfort. You can also opt for or against a headrest.
Even though it isn’t the prettiest dog bed on the street, it is certainly one of the greatest orthopedic dog beds you can buy. Easy to try with the free trial. You may return the (undamaged, unsoiled) mattress if you’re not 100% pleased, even if it “comes back with some hair or drool marks.”
- Designed with big dogs in mind
- Try it for a whole year
- Orthopaedic design improves mobility
- Not as attractive as some
PetFusion Ultimate Orthopedic Dog Bed
- PREMIUM COMPONENTS & BETTER HEALTH: (i) SOLID 4 inch MEMORY FOAM base for superior overall comfort, reduced joint pain (arthritis) and improved health, mobility, & energy; (ii) Recycled 'green' support bolsters are generously filled; (iii) Durable & comfortable polyester (65%) & cotton (35%) twill
- SMART DESIGN: (i) Base & bolsters provide optimal support & security; (ii) Water resistant & tear resistant cover; (iii) Non-skid bottom; (iv) Blends in seamlessly with your home; (v) Replacement covers available separately
- EASY TO CLEAN: (i) Removable cover is machine washable; (ii) Simple to spot clean & remove hair; Tumble dry on gentle setting; Do not use bleach when washing
- Model Number: PF-IBL1
The PetFusion Ultimate is a classic dog bed with bolsters on three sides. The bolsters are filled with recycled poly, making this a more eco-friendly alternative. The memory foam foundation provides tailored support for dogs of all ages and health stages.
This pet bed includes a non-slip base and a water and tear-resistant cover. The cover is 35% cotton, unlike most other dog beds that are 100% polyester, and is machine washable. Colors include light grey, sandstone, and chocolate brown.
PetFusion offers free shipping and easy returns. If it’s a preferred return, there are no restocking costs.
Although the dog beds are available in four sizes, a large dog would require a budget of over $200. For comfort and support, the PetFusion Ultimate is one of the greatest dog beds you can buy.
- Recycled filling
- Non-slip base
- Pricey – especially for big dogs
Sealy Lux Premium Memory Foam Dog Bed
- QUAD ELEMENT: Premium orthopedic dog bed with Quad Element Foam for ultimate comfort and support
- ORTHOPEDIC SUPPORT: High quality therapeutic bed provides support for dogs of all ages and is comfortable for dogs with arthritis, joint or bone problems
- MACHINE WASHABLE: Removable cover is machine washable
- ODOR ABSORBING: This Lux bed is built with a Pro-Charcoal base to help absorb orders, keeping your dog bed fresh
- CERTIPUR FOAM: Our high quality foam is made without mercury, lead, heavy metals or formaldehyde, making it absolutely safe for your dog
Sealy is another well-known mattress brand. It manufactures a variety of dog beds, but we’re looking at the Lux. This dog bed is designed to provide a comfortable night’s sleep for dogs of all ages and abilities.
Orthopaedic assistance for pets with arthritis or bone issues. Sealy’s ‘Certipur Foam’ is free of mercury and heavy metals, allowing your dog to sleep safely. There are four sizes to accommodate different dog sizes, and four colors to fit your home’s color scheme.
Despite the one-year warranty, your pet cannot sleep trial these Sealy dog beds. If you’re unsatisfied with your purchase, you may return it within 30 days, but it must be in a resalable condition. A ‘preference return’ means the consumer pays the return shipping and a 15% restocking charge.
Sealy claims the bed has cooling energy gel and an absorbent pro-charcoal foundation to absorb smells. When the alarm clock goes off, your dog should be as fresh as a daisy.
- Cooling comfort
- Non-toxic manufacturing
- Choice of color
- Limited information on the website
MidWest Homes for Pets Ombre Dog Beds
- ULTRA PLUSH PET BED | Gray Ombré Swirl deluxe dog bed & cat bed works great as a stand alone pet bed or can be used inside an 18 inch long dog crate to create a comfortable pet home
- PERFECT PET BED FOR TOY BREEDS | Ideal for dog & cats weighing up to 6 pounds, this pet bed measures approximately 17L x 11W x 1.5H Inches
- CREATE A COZY DEN FOR YOUR PET | Ultra soft synthetic pet bed provides additional comfort to your dog's crate further enticing them to love using their crate
- STYLISH DOG BED COMPLEMENTS YOUR HOME DÉCOR | Ombré Swirl pattern & neutral gray color looks great in the home
- EASY MAINTENANCE PET BED | Machine washable & dryer friendly pet bed includes a 1 year MidWest Quality Guarantee Manufacturer's Warranty
The Deluxe Pet Bed from MidWest Homes for Pets is a good option for an affordable dog bed. A comfy napping area for your dog starts at roughly $10. Expect no orthopaedic dog bed designs or odor-free technological promises. This modest dog bedding from the famed pet retailer is all about comfort.
But simplicity has its advantages. Rectangular in form and thinner than most mattresses, it fits neatly in most carrying crates. Because it’s so cheap, you’re not going to be worried about dirty footprints (though it is machine washable and dryer safe).
Not surprisingly, several owners of this dog bedding have complained about how rapidly the bed becomes soiled. But it’s still a great deal for a dog bed.
- Great prices
- Cosy finish
- Some complaints about durability
Furhaven Orthopedic CertiPUR-US Certified Foam Pet Beds for Small
- DESIGNED FOR PETS: The classic bolstered sofa design promotes ultimate comfort and security, providing high-loft orthopedic cushion support as well as a super cozy nestling and burrowing space for dogs and cats
- SLEEP SURFACE: The main sleep surface is lined with cuddly soft, plush faux fur, while the supportive bolsters are wrapped in easy-care suede; both materials are gentle on noses and paws for enhanced snuggling and burrowing comfort
- EASY ON JOINTS: The egg crate orthopedic foam base helps cushion pressure points and improve air circulation, while the fluff-filled bolster railings support the neck, back, hips, and joints; both help to ease discomfort and encourage restful sleep
- PRODUCT DETAILS: Deep Pool; Large, 36" x 27" x 6.5" (3" Foam; Sleep Surface: Approx. 27" x 22")
- AVAILABLE VARIANTS: The bed comes in Espresso, Gray, Deep Pool, and Almondine; it's also available in Small, Medium, Large, Jumbo, and Jumbo Plus.EASY CARE: The removable dog bed cover is completely machine washable for your convenience; for more specific washing instructions, please refer to the hang tag and/or seam label (if applicable).CUSTOMER ASSURANCE: The product comes with a 90-day limited coverage against material defects and may also qualify for our 60-day Worry-Free Program; restrictions apply: purchases from unauthorized 3rd-party resellers may not be covered by Furhaven.
If he has a dog bed, where does he sleep? It’s likely to be located in an area of your house where you spend a lot of time, such as your living room or bedroom.
As a result, it seems to reason that you’d want a dog bed that’s both attractive to look at and functional for your dog (and yours). Terrazzo dog beds come in a wide range of stylish coverings, all with a contemporary aesthetic.
It’s possible to buy the cover separately, so you can change it out with the seasons or whenever you desire a new appearance.) The bed comes in a variety of sizes and is quite well-thought-out. No slipping or sliding on hardwood surfaces thanks to the non-stick bottom.
The cover is machine washable, and an orthopedic insert is included for further comfort for your dog. The bed also comes with a handle, so you can effortlessly move it from one room to the next.
Coolaroo On The Go Elevated Pet Bed
- Off-the-ground design promotes and increases air flow on all sides of the bed, keeping your pet cool (Elevates pets more than 7 in. off the ground)
- Suspended platform provides added comfort by creating low-impact areas to pressure points and joints (Offers almost 9 Sq. Ft. of bed space)
- Fabric is made out of a breathable high density polyethylene (HDPE) fabric that helps eliminate hot spots
- Easy to wash and maintain; Features a lightweight, yet strong powder-coated steel frame that is extremely durable for pets of all sizes
Puppies that tend to overheat may benefit from a small amount of air circulation. Seven inches above the ground, this Coolaroo raised dog bed may be used indoors or out. Besides helping regulate your dog’s temperature, elevation can also benefit dogs with joint problems.
If so, do you have access to a water supply? What about a sponge and a bucket of water? This water-cleanable raised dog bed makes cleanup a breeze. A substance that’s resistant to fleas, mites, mold and mildew has been used in its construction, and it appears to withstand the weather well (sun, rain, and so on).
If you don’t have a screwdriver on hand, you’ll have no problem putting this dog bed together (it’s not that difficult).
Things to Consider When Choosing Dog Bed
Many considerations must be made while selecting a bed for your dog, from the firmness to the type of cloth used. If your dog is elderly or suffers from a condition like arthritis, there are dog beds that provide orthopedic assistance. Depending on your dog’s age and condition, the most basic model may be sufficient.
A dog bed can cost as little as a few dollars to as much as several hundred dollars. Consider your dog’s demands, including how long and frequently they’ll use a bed—and how much money you have to work with. Consider the ease with which a bed may be cleaned as well. Even while a cheaper bed may need to be replaced sooner, a bed with a detachable, long-lasting cover may be more valuable.
The size of your pet’s bed is mostly determined by its weight and size. However, the size of the room in which the bed will be placed should be taken into account as well. If it’s in a crowded space, you don’t want to trip over it, but you also want your dog to be comfortable when he uses it.
For a truly great pet product, we recommend the Casper Dog Bed, which is our top recommendation. But if you are on a limited budget and simply want a basic place for your pet to sleep, the MidWest Quiet Time Fleece Reversible Dog Crate Mat is a good option that is available in a variety of sizes and colors.