There are numerous types of espresso machines that can be used to produce a delightful cup of espresso; however, it all depends on your preferences. Your Espresso machine needs to have the features you want while being easy to use as well. A great espresso machine can be pricey, so there’s no point in buying one that’s complicated as well. The various features won’t matter much if you don’t know how to operate it.
It’s also important to choose a machine that will fit well in your kitchen and complement your style. Espresso machines that have lots of features and are easy to use can offer a lot of variety. For example, you can make any type of fancy coffee drink with it such as a latte or cappuccino.
Choosing the best one can be a daunting task, but below is a list of a few espresso machines and their features to help you make an educated decision.
Top 3 Best Espresso Machines Under $200 in Australia
Melitta AromaFresh Grind and Brew, 1021-01, Filter Espresso Machine
This specific machine comes with self-priming operations, which in turn brews more rapidly compared to a lot of coffee machines available. This machine is comprised of many features, it contains a stainless steel boiler with a high-quality 15 bar pump pressure to ensure the best flavor every time. An easy serving espresso filter brews quickly and stress-free. It can make delicious cream by using the sempre crema filter. It is not difficult to clean because of its anti-drip design. With the temperature gages, you can choose what to make without worrying about whether you have the right temperature or not.
- A warming tray keeps your cup hot and warm to maintain the espresso taste and flavor
- Contains a dual function filter for making a single or double shot
- Water tank has a 44oz capacity
- Light indicator with easy button controller
- Boiling water can be dangerous if not used properly
- The pump espresso machines demand solid skills to produce a standard quality of espresso
- Requires a separate burr grinder for the best flavor
If you are shopping for a high-performance, commercial-grade espresso machine under $200, you can explore options like Melitta AromaFresh Grind and Brew, 1021-01, Filter Espresso Machine. This machine can do it all, and it is built to last much longer than the cheaper models.
Cuisinart Grind and Brew Automatic Coffee Maker
Although Cuisinart is famous for its coffee makers, its line of products contains great entry-level espresso makers for under $200 such as the >Cuisinart Grind and Brew Automatic. The reason this machine is so inexpensive is because it’s been refurbished. Giving you a price you can afford for a high-quality product. This compact, 15-bar espresso and coffee maker is the perfect addition to your kitchen. Prepared to brew more than one cup, the stainless steel covering is attractive and certainly long-lasting. This espresso maker has a 53-ounce removable reservoir, frothing cup, cup warming plate, steam nozzle, portafilter holder with removable drip tray, and a tamping tool. This machine has a stainless steel water tank with a capacity of 6 to 8 cups.
- Includes all original accessories and a 3-month warranty
- Has a frothing cup with a removable drip tray, coffee scoop, and tamping tool
- Also works as a hot water dispenser
- Semi-automatic espresso maker
- Steam espresso machines can’t always make good crema
- Pump machines can be more expensive than the other machines
You may do well choosing an option somewhere in the middle, like a classic espresso machine. This is a reasonably priced coffee maker machine, priced less than $200, and it is a great option if you are looking for a basic model to make espresso. The Cuisinart EM-100 1000 Watt 15 Bar Espresso is a good espresso machine.
Swan SK22110GRN, Retro Pump Espresso Coffee Machine, 15 Bars of Pressure, Grey
The Swan SK22110GRN enables you to become your own barista at home. By the press of a button, you’ll be able to choose between one and perhaps two servings of cappuccino, latte, or espresso. The 15 bars of pressure produce flavorful drinks.
The integrated milk container enables you to simply make frothy espresso with no trouble. However, add the best espresso or coffee grounds in the portafilter, fill up the reservoir with milk, and press from the three preprogrammed beverage options. The milk reservoir can be effortlessly removed and cleaned up in the dishwasher.
- The standard-sized water and milk reservoirs allow you to make different beverages in a short time without a refill.
- The removable milk container can be stored in the fridge for the next brew
- The machine includes a single shot filter, measuring scoop, double shot filter, tamper, and coffee recipes
- Adjustable cup tray can be set for big travel mugs
- Single or double shot options
- Has one-touch control panel for espresso, latte, or cappuccino
- Some have found the plastic smell and inconsistent brew volume from shot to shot
- Absence of some specifications on the parts of the machine
The Swan SK22110GRN Espresso Maker is a decent machine for a decent price. The milk frother is a nice addition to an uncomplicated espresso maker. This product should fulfill your needs well and is easy to use.
Read more: Best Espresso Machine Reviews by Wirecutter
If you’ve ever seen espresso machines with more levers, buttons, and gadgets than you can possibly imagine using, you’ll love the ease of mastering the Cuisinart EM-100 Espresso Machine. The important thing is that this machine is durable and more affordable than the other machines listed above.
However, the other two are similarly priced and have similar features. So it’s really a matter of what specific features interest you. It’s also wise to read customer reviews on these products before making a decision. Check out Best Drip Coffee Maker in Australia.