It’s not uncommon for companies to have a webcam installed on their front desk. This webcam is used by customers to check in with the receptionist and provide customer service. For this reason, it is important that these cameras are reliable and capture clear imagery.
Webcams should be easy for users to operate but also offer advanced functionality such as panning or tilting so that businesses can see their entire lobby area. Companies often use desktop webcams because they are cheaper than surveillance systems which require the installation of physical hardware like DVRs or NVRs. To learn more about what features are available when purchasing a new desktop webcam, read our blog post below!
List Of 7 Best Desktop Web Cameras Reviews
1. Logitech C920S HD Pro Webcam, Full HD 1080p/30fps Video Calling
- Webcam comes with privacy shutter – puts you in control of what you show and protects the lens with a snugly fitting cover. Does not include the 3-month XSplit VCam license.
- Full HD 1080P video calls – premium video quality that makes you look like a Pro
- Full HD 1080P video Recording – a glass lens and full HD mean your recorded videos are crisp and vibrantly colored
- HD autofocus and light Correction – enjoy razor-sharp high Def in every environment
- Stereo audio with dual mics – capture natural sound on calls and recorded videos
The Logitech C920S HD Pro Webcam has a sleek and compact design to look good on any desk. Fits snuggly with easy placement of the webcam’s lens cover for your privacy. The video quality is ultra realistic with Full HD 1080P Video Calls and Recording, dual stereo mics for broadcast-quality conversations, and a glass lens that never looses focus no matter what environment you use it in! Your gaming videos will be clearer, videos streamed from Netflix intense, Skype even sharper – Even if this webcam wasn’t designed for work it would still look sharp sitting on your desk!
2. Logitech StreamCam, 1080P HD 60fps Streaming Webcam with USB-C and Built-in Microphone
- Logitech capture: This video recording and streaming software makes creating content with streamcam easy, fast and intuitive
- Full HD 1080p at 60 fps: You and your audience will enjoy an ultra-smooth, high-quality streaming experience with accurate motion and more precise video
- Smart auto focus and exposure: Focus on sharing your passion while streamcam’s auto focus and auto-exposure do the rest using enhanced facial-tracking AI
- Full HD vertical video: Switch to full HD 9:16 vertical video just by turning streamcam, ideal for Instagram and face book stories
- Dual camera-mount versatility: Streamcam includes a monitor mount and a tripod Adaptor so you can get an ideal angle, while built-in electronic image stabilisation reduces camera shake
With Logitech StreamCam, you’ve never been able to take live streaming and broadcasting to next level like this. It comes with an HD 1080P video shot at 60 fps and a webcam lens that zooms and pans for more precise shots and steadier videos. To ensure the connection is always as fast as possible, Logitech StreamCam uses USB-C connection standards. If you’re looking for a live streaming experience for both creator and audience alike, then look no further than Logitech’s new product!
The Logitech StreamCam is a 1080P HD 60fps streaming webcam with USB-C and built-in that ensures your verticals look professional and fit on any screen. It has flexible mounting options, a monitor mount, and a tripod mount for all your recording needs! With the power of Logitech capture to customize your recordings and adjust settings, you can create content with ease. Compatible with Windows 10, Mac OS 10 14 or above it works well with both XS Broadcaster open-source software. Now share what matters in an effortless way thanks to the quality, versatility, and meticulous detail put into this camera!
3. Poly Studio P5 Professional Webcam (Plantronics)
- Exceptional Camera Optics with Wireless Bluetooth Speakerphone Bundle: Optimized for video conferencing. Full 1080p HD quality that can zoom in up to 4x (digital). Remarkable audio anywhere with multi-microphones reducing echo & noise reduction.
- High Quality Wireless Bluetooth Speakerphone Sync 20+: Connect directly to the webcam, portable, high-performance music speaker, natural voice & deep bass, 20 hour battery life, built in cable with USB-A.
- Full HD Video Quality: Maintain proper light exposure, be seen in darker rooms with automatic low-light compensation - clearly be seen with brillant colors designed to show you at your best. Enhance security & privacy with the integrated privacy shutter.
- Poly Lens Desktop app included: Customize your personal settings, get updates, and practical tips. Maintain balance throughout your day with gentle health and wellness reminders.
- Compatibility & Convenience: PC & Mac. Works with Zoom, Microsoft Teams and all other video conferencing services. All-in-one USB-connected design. Tri-pod ready design.
A professional webcam with 1080p HD and a rugged design, the Poly Studio P5 is perfect for use in personal and work spaces.
The 20″ camera offers sharp video quality that enhances your presence on screen for online conferencing or streaming purposes. You can fit it into any workspace with its simple tripod mount and clamp monitor mounting system, so you’ll never need to worry about failing to get connected when you really need it!
Achieve the perfect lighting every time with the Poly Studio P5 Web Camera. Its lens is optimized to show you not too much of your surroundings, easily maintain proper light with automatic low-light technology, and even learn how to be heard better by focusing on your voice not distracting noises. Designed to help you look your best at work anywhere, this camera isn’t just for professionals.
Poly Lens Desktop App Included: The Poly Studio P5 webcam is supported by an intuitive app that lets you customize your video settings for your unique environment and get updates & practical tips from our knowledgeable team who works in this industry day in and day out – they know what it takes. With features like 4K resolution and a field of view designed to please, you’ll have the perfect solution for your business, school, or home.
4. Logitech Brio 4K Webcam, Ultra 4K HD Video Calling, Noise-Canceling mic
- SPECTACULAR VIDEO QUALITY: A premium glass lens, 4K image sensor, high dynamic range (HDR), and autofocus deliver beautiful, true-to-life video
- LOOK GREAT IN ANY LIGHT: RightLight 3 automatically adjusts exposure and contrast to compensate for glare and backlighting
- WINDOWS HELLO CERTIFIED: Powered by both optical and infrared sensors, BRIO delivers fast and secure facial recognition for Windows Hello. No need to type a password for Windows 10: simply look into BRIO’s lens to login
- HD 5X ZOOM: Digitally zoom, pan, and choose from three field-of-view options while maintaining HD resolution
- ENTERPRISE-READY: Certified for Skype for Business and Cisco, and compatible with popular video meeting apps including Zoom, WebEx, BlueJeans, Facebook Messenger, and more!
Logitech sent us the Brio 4K Webcam, one of its newest additions to its successful line of webcams. The camera is perfect for people who value capturing high-quality content and want a better connection with others during webcam conferences.
This tiny device packs powerful features including ultra HD video streaming (4x the resolution of an HD webcam) and noise-canceling dual omnidirectional mics that ensure your voice can be heard clearly no matter how noisy your surroundings are. Plus, wide-angle lenses let you capture every detail in crystal clear quality all with just one simple click – it’s really as easy as taking a photo on your phone! Logitech RightLight 3 technology also guarantees sharp intuitively enhanced images under low-light
No detail goes unnoticed when you’re in the spotlight with Logitech Brio 4K Webcam. With longitude, choose 20-degree or wider views to capture more of your environment, or zoom in with less than 40-degree views, perfect for capturing close-ups. Once you’ve made your selection, take control of high-quality video recording and streaming in any light condition up to 90 fps. Thanks to Windows Hello integration, easily log in with just what’s showing on your screen without having to enter a password every time. One final touch is our privacy cover so if you need a quick break from filming or broadcasting simply flip it down for some peace and quiet but make sure not to forget about it!
5. Razer Kiyo 1080p 30 FPS/720 p 60 FPS Streaming Webcam with Adjustable Brightness Ring Light
- Full HD Resolution: Experience crisp, detailed video and audio recording in 720p 60 FPS / 1080p 30 FPS – Works great for streaming, gaming, recording, video calling, conferencing and online school
- Convenient, Built-In Lighting: Features a 5600K daylight-balanced ring light around the camera that provides even lighting without the hassle of additional lighting equipment
- Adjustable Brightness: Make quick adjustments to the brightness level by simply rotating the built-in ring light – there's no need to configure software settings
- Superior Low-Light Performance: Reduces graininess and brings out details to show you in the best light even in darker environments
- Compact, Folding Design: Sleek look for any gaming setup or office, and perfect for on-the-go content creators.Compatibility: Streamlabs certified and works with popular platforms like OBS, XSplit, Twitch, YouTube, Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Skype
The Razer Kiyo is an advanced streaming webcam that combines crisp, sharp footage at speeds of up to 30 FPS with the versatility of adjustable brightness.
Streaming quality will remain consistent no matter what platform you choose or render settings desired due to 720 p resolution at 60 fps. Enjoy every detail in your stream by eliminating harsh shadows and back lighting with a multi-step ring light with variable lighting levels, while rotating or tilting it for precise control over your setup. The lens also features fast and accurate autofocus to maintain the same view during streaming as when looking through it without compromising focus on any details
Stream seamlessly in 1080p for a fast-paced, immersive trip into the action. This travel-sized web cam’s autofocus technology provides you with impeccable video clarity by swiftly and reliably keeping your subject in focus no matter where it goes on the screen.
6. Elgato Facecam – 1080p60 Full HD Webcam
- Elgato Prime Lens- f/2.4 24 mm all-glass studio quality optics
- Sony STARVIS CMOS Sensor- optimised for indoor use
- Advanced Image Engine- uncompressed video without artifacts
- True Full HD- stunning 1080p resolution at a fluid sixty frames per second
- High-Speed Circuitry- USB 3.0 interface transfers image data with lowest latency
Elgato Facecam – 1080p60 Full HD Webcam is studio quality, F2.4 lens with Prime all-glass Elgato Prime Lens which gives you true FHD 1080p resolution at sixty frames per second for uncompressed video without artifacts. The Advanced image engine processes the maximum data at high speed making this perfect for broadcast on YouTube, Twitch, or MovieMaker. Uncompressed means images are what they are recorded, not compressed to create smaller file sizes in recording software like webcam competitor products do oftentimes in order to lower bandwidth requirements. It also has a Fixed focus range which keeps you in focus and Optical zoom up to 10x digital which is great if you want a more close-up point of view when interacting with others.
7. Logitech C922 Pro Stream 1080p Webcam with Knox 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub Bundle
- Premium video quality every time you broadcast
- Streaming broadcasts with no lag or distortion
- Full adjustable tabletop tripod with swivel mount. Extends to 18.5 cm
- Country of Origin: China
The Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam lets you stream video right from your desk with premium true-to-life color details. This powerful webcam is designed for streaming from beginner to professional, the glass lens and 1080p capture the most exciting details in fluid videos at 30 fps, while its 78-degree field of view, accommodates up to two people. Use the app to zoom in and pan the camera! Logitech’s Knox Gear 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub provides fast data transfer speeds via SuperSpeed USB 3.0 for ultimate performance backed by a 2-year limited hardware warranty
The Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam Bundle brings you high-definition streaming video without all that additional equipment cost or complicated setup process involved
How To Choose Best Webcams
There are several major factors to consider when choosing a web camera. The most important of these is resolution, which is measured in pixels across the screen on the horizontal (width) and vertical (height) axes. Generally, higher resolutions will give you better images; even if your monitor can’t display all of them, they may still be fine for video conferencing and similar purposes.
Field of View
You should also consider the field of view, which is a measure of how much you can see at any one time. Most web cameras have a fixed lens that cannot move to change the area covered by the camera, but some do zoom in and out, albeit only a little. If you’re looking for a lot of flexibility here, you might want to look into webcams with varifocal lenses.
The Diagonal Size Of The CCD Sensor
The diagonal size of the CCD sensor gives an indication of just how sensitive your camera is likely to be when it comes to taking pictures under very poor lighting conditions. Sensors that are bigger tend to perform better in low light than smaller ones – so if this is important to you, it’s worth considering.
The Microphone Quality
If the camera is intended for use with applications like Skype or Google Hangouts, you should look into its audio capabilities as well. The microphone can be an external unit that plugs into your computer, or it could be built into the webcam itself. Built-in microphones tend not to have very good quality audio, so if this is important to you, you will need to get a webcam with an external microphone port. As far as internal mics are concerned, most are noise-canceling which means that they do not pick up background sounds – however, some models are capable of stereo sound recording which can create better quality audio than mono sound recording. If this is something that might be useful for you, it’s worth checking out the specs of any webcam you’re interested in.
The Frame Rate Of The Video Capture Device
You should also take a look at the frame rate – this is what measures how many pictures per second are taken by your camera to create video playback. Generally speaking, higher rates will give you smoother video playback but they do come with trade-offs; higher frame rates typically mean lower resolutions which could result in blocky images. This is something that requires careful balancing depending on what you plan to use your webcam for, so it’s well worth thinking about.
Best Webcams FAQs
1. What is a “Desktop Web Camera”?
A desktop web camera (commonly referred to as a “webcam“) is simply a camera that you can plug into your computer. It lets you record video, take still snapshots, and chat via Skype or other programs. This allows for an easy way to communicate with others remotely without the need for expensive software like TeamViewer (see below). You can also use it to record videos or snap pictures of yourself.
2. Why should I choose one over other types?
The main advantage of using a webcam is convenience since they are so small and portable. USB-powered ones can be used on any system with full functionality once plugged in, while non- models often have their own power source (e.g. batteries or battery pack). Webcams include a microphone by default, which you need to purchase separately for most external monitors and HDTVs.
3. Do I need special software?
Depending on whether you want to use your desktop webcam as part of regular monitoring activities (e.g. surveillance) or simply via communication apps like Skype or Google Hangouts, you may need extra software to make it work properly with your setup. For example, if you are using it for surveillance purposes, you will need video recording software that can handle your chosen camera resolution and frame rate (see here ). You can then use this same software to monitor your webcam remotely through the internet or other means. Some webcams come with their own software, but others do not so you should check around to find what works best for your device.
4. How else can I set one up?
You may be interested in setting up an external monitor or even an HDTV over a computer monitor instead of using a smaller laptop screen. If so, this guide by Digital Trends is quite helpful. Here’s another good resource on choosing the right cable between two monitors.
A webcam is a device that allows video conferencing, live streaming, and recording. It can be used with laptops or desktop computers to allow remote access to the computer’s functions as well as its camera capabilities. This article has provided you with some helpful information on what webcams are capable of doing for your business so go ahead and read through it now!